Sunday, August 5, 2018

Cruising the Baltic's: Tallin and Gothenburg

After Russia, we had a brief stop in Tallin, Estonia.  There wasn't a huge itinerary for this stop which was kinda a welcomed relief after the non-stop of Russia.  I booked us a private walking tour of the city for the beginning and after that we were free to wander the town.  Our walking tour was actually very fun and interesting and led by a college girl.   She gave more of the quirky history of Estonia.  The old town itself is very fairytaleish.  I felt like around every corner Cinderella and Prince Charming might ride by in the magic pumpkin carriage.   The only downside we had was that it was windy and threatening rain. 








This was one of the few places we visited that we really had time to eat at a local place, wander the streets, and just in general relax and goof off.

The day after our Tallin tour we stopped in Gothenburg, Sweden.  I have been told that on most long cruises there is at least one port that will make you wonder why you stopped there.  For me, Gothenburg was this port.  I researched and researched but couldn't really find much I wanted to do.  So, we opted for the best possible choice, Micah and I took Beau and Bailey to an amusement park while the others explored the old town.  Us kids (I'm counting Micah and I with the kids) had a blast riding rides and running around the park.  Just like the US, amusements parks have the most eclectic groups of people.  Lets just say that our time standing in line made for some great people watching. However,  I didn't have a big camera and didn't take many pictures. There wasn't time for stuff like that!

I'm not really sure what the other group did but they claimed they had fun (of course not as much as us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment